The gospel of Jesus Christ has the power to transform lives and communities. Arcola Covenant Community strives to participate in the movement of the Holy Spirit in sharing and showing the gospel of Jesus. We hope that each individual is delighted, each group is committed, and our whole community inspired to participate in the redemptive work of God at each place we are called.
A covenant, like a marriage, is built upon trust, unity, safety, security, closeness, radical acceptance and significance. Unlike a contract, a covenant is loyal to its core and rejects conditional clauses that would render it void. Furthermore, a covenant is not so much a declaration of love in the present, but more so a promise of love in the future. The promise at the heart of a covenant is: “No matter what takes place in our relationship… I will be there for your good.” This is the very heart of Christ to the Church, and our commitment at ACC to the world.
: ACC's mission is to build a Christian community where the covenant of God is revealed in our active engagement with the world.
: We will achieve our mission by informing minds, transforming hearts and renewing lives and communities
through the gospel.
The Praise Director will play a critical role in helping ACC achieve its mission. S/he will be instrumental in assisting the Lead Pastor in leading the congregation in praise and worship.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Prepare and oversee music for both Sunday Worship Services (11:45am, 1:45pm)
• Prepare and oversee music for Wednesday Night Service (8:00pm)
• Prepare and oversee music for special services (eg. Christmas, Easter, Good Friday, Retreats, Revivals)
• Be available to lead/assist with other music/praise opportunities as needed
• Update and proof-read slides (songs) prior to all worship services
• Oversee and train music team(s) for ACC
• Nurture music team members’ spiritual growth and accountability
• Work with lead pastor to design services
• Regularly meet, discuss, and communicate with lead pastor
This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
• Strong relationship with God, demonstrated Christian faith commitment
• Committed to ACC’s Mission and Vision
• College degree preferred
• Strong musical background
• Experience in leading worship ministries
• Caring and nurturing heart for members of music team(s)
• Proactive, creative
• Desire to work as a team with a sense of service
ACC’s general office hours are Tuesday – Friday, 9-4PM. ACC has two Sunday worship services (11:45AM; and 1:45PM), a Wednesday night midweek service (8:00 PM), and Saturday morning prayer (8:00 AM). Applicants must be available to be in the ACC office one day a week other than Sunday.
The compensation for this role is TBD. This is a part-time, exempt position. Expected 10-15 hrs weekly, with additional time according to church seasons.